Re: Recovering files after a crash

From: Dan Espen
Subject: Re: Recovering files after a crash
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 19:23:08 -0500

"yannis antsos" <yannis.antsos@gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 1:31 PM, yannis antsos <yannis.antsos@gmail.com>
> wrote:

Empty file in the autosaves?

I'm not sure what you mean, but if the backup file is empty,
you have no backup.

You should not edit in the scratch buffer, that's why its called
a "scratch buffer".

Any file that you edit will have a backup file.
On crashes, there will also be a save file.
The next time you start emacs and visit that file
emacs will ask whether you want to edit the existing file
or restore the backup.