Re: Dvorak/Svorak in Emacs

From: Renaud Casenave-Péré
Subject: Re: Dvorak/Svorak in Emacs
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 18:13:09 +0900 (JST)

> Thinking about it. The only thing I don't want to learn again are the
> movement keys. So I guess I could just rebind C-n, C-p, C-f, C-b, M-f and
> M-b.

Hum... I don't know if it's really a good idea.
If you want to keep C-f, you will need to rebind C-u as well, as `u' in dvorak
is where `f' is in qwerty.
With the same logic, you would have to rebind C-x (where `b' is), C-l (`n') and

I think you should rebind every keys or none, because if you start rebinding
just those you need at random places, I don't think it will be very comfy.

I guess you could check Xah Lee's emacs tutorial
[http://xahlee.org/emacs/emacs.html] which provides an ergonomic shortcuts
layouts for qwerty or dvorak, if I remember well. I didn't test it, I don't
have the courage to learn every shortcut again...

--
Renaud Casenave-Péré