Re: More emacs instances

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Re: More emacs instances
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 16:17:57 +0200

Memnon Anon <gegendosenfleisch@googlemail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I know that alot of people actually use this solution (different
> instances of emacs).
>
> I however really prefer to work in just one instance (with different
> frames from time to time) and rather "fix" the parts that make emacs
> feel unresponsive.
>
> Here are some of the solutions I came up with:
>
>   Mail:    msmtp+fetchmail
>   News:    leafnode [you know gmane, right?!]
>   IRC etc: bitlbee
>
> I have a decent, but really not 'state of the art' machine (Pentium III,
> 1.2 Mhz,512 Mb Ram), but with these external helpers, emacs performs
> flawlessly.
>
> Memnon

Ah yes I like this solution also and yes sure I know gmane, I'm using
it also now.
Even though I'm still not able to use it very well.
On many mailing lists it doesn't I can't post even if I'm subscribed...

And I also use fetchmail for some servers and I like it a lot.
Would you have an example of this configuration (even in private)?

Thanks a lot