Re: More emacs instances

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Re: More emacs instances
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 18:00:38 +0200

Richard Riley <rileyrg@gmail.com> writes:

> This isnt a problem. Each one is a different
> gnus-secondary-select-method.

Yes that's clear.
But the power of offlineimap is that I would be able to clone only one
Maildir with everything inside.
If I don't do that and want to write from other clients than I have to
clone the gnus state, which is a bit harder than just one Maildir

So I should bounce every mail I get to the imap account and the manage
everything from there to make it work.

I'm even wondering if it would not be better to have a dovecot running,
and create a big imap with all my accounts (without the redirection
then).

In this way I can even remove my mails from gmail and synchronize that
account with other clients.

I could have two advantages:
- don't leave on their servers my stuff
- make it as bigger as I want

> I dont really understand what you mean. Some smtp servers (gmail being
> one) dont allow you to send from your authenticated smtp using a
> different name. Hence msmtp.

Ah I didn't know that, but I was quite sure that a few times when using
one other smtp didn't work I used gmail as smtp, and it worked anyway.

Thanks a lot!