Re: line-move-visual

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: line-move-visual
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:13:57 -0000

Uday S Reddy <uDOTsDOTreddy@cs.bham.ac.uk> writes:

> On 6/15/2010 7:54 AM, Pascal J. Bourguignon wrote:
>
> The question is really whether it should have been made the default.
>
> Every time I narrowed down to that issue in this thread, the participants have
> fallen silent (first Xah Lee then Tim Cross, Alan Mackenzie and Stefan
> himself).  I guess there is no good answer to it.

WTF. I believe I've responded to every single one of your posts directed
to me.

I've lost count of how many times I've posted in this thread saying
that I DO NOT AGREE WITH IT BEING MADE THE DEFAULT. I agree with the
functionality and I agree with introducing changes that change the
existing semantics of next-line etc in order to provide the valuable
addition of visual line editing (which BTW I seem to remember you or
Mark rejecting outright). I suggest you need to take some of your own
advice and go back and read the posts again.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au