Re: How to improve the readability of (any) LISP or any highlevel functi

From: D. J. Penton
Subject: Re: How to improve the readability of (any) LISP or any highlevel functional language to the level of FORTH ?
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 16:43:15 -0500

Ahhhh...the world of programming languages is beautiful!

I LOVE Lisp, Scheme, Haskell, OCaml, C, Objective-C, Perl, and java. Really! I
love them all. If I were to learn Ruby or Python I would probably love them
too. I have a hard time loving C++ , but I'll bet I could learn to love it.
Soon I shall try my hand at Prolog and Forth.

My choice of languages depends on what I am trying to program. I am not equally
expert in all of the languages I use, but they all have their uses. My deepest
love is for Common Lisp. But the others are very, very good too.

In past times I used VIM. Now I use emacs. I love them both. I also adore
Xcode, Visual Studio, Netbeans, and Eclipse. Flowers in a garden!

When I encounter a flame war or debate about programming languages, I mentally
gather my dear bouquet of languages around me and bask in the delight of choice.

Best wishes to all,

- Dave -