Re: TAGS

From: rusi
Subject: Re: TAGS
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 19:53:25 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 24, 5:59 am, simon cossar <scos...@telus.net> wrote:
> Hi all, after a bit of searching...the emacs .el files are available
> through the ubuntu/emacs ppa.

Did you install emacs23-el? http://packages.ubuntu.com/maverick/emacs23-el
And you did you wont need ppa... etags
If you did and you dont get the el files still you probably have a
ubuntu packaging bug

Please let me know  -- What are all the emacs-related packages you
have installed?
ppa.. will give you unnecessary dependency-hell at a later point

[Sorry for my first answer: I thought you wanted the C-builtins --
ignore]

> In case anyone is as ignorant as I am (I
> am assuming this is archived) the files are compressed and need to be
> extracted BEFORE you can create a functioning tags table.
> Simon

If emacs is setup correctly the el files can stay compressed and emacs
will unzip before open-ing then.