Re: What are advantages and disadvantages of RMAIL and mh-rmail ?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: What are advantages and disadvantages of RMAIL and mh-rmail ?
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 13:38:04 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> We can disagree without having to pull rank.
>
> There's nothing wrong in citing a long experience.

Yes, that's called pulling rank, and especially if it
doesn't relate to the issue. "20 years" doesn't relate
to Rmail or Gnus, and nothing can be deducted from it,
apart from, perhaps "Rmail is at least 20 years
old". (But we are not discussing the age of Rmail.)

>> Because this was a misunderstanding, I'm not going to
>> be angry about it.
>
> Likewise.

Your Rmail folders may be what you desire but I always
wanted *one file per message*, and fully automated. This
is what I meant by the T-Rex metaphor. This metaphor
wasn't crystal clear so I don't blame you for
misunderstanding.

What you did was turning the T-Rex into packs of
velociraptors, but I want a swarm of paleo-bees, each
and every one separated from the other.

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573