Re: What are advantages and disadvantages of RMAIL and mh-rmail ?

From: Dale Snell
Subject: Re: What are advantages and disadvantages of RMAIL and mh-rmail ?
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 07:41:10 -0700

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 11:40:00 +0200
Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> wrote:

> I want *one file per mail*. That way, I
> can employ all my shell tools, and my Emacs shortcuts,
> in a faster and more refined way.

Emanuel,

You might look into MH-E.  It's an Emacs front end to the nmh mail
package.  Nmh, itself based on the old mh package, stores each email
as a single file.  It can organize messages into various folders.
I've never run into a size limit on either the size of the message, or
the number of messages per folder.  If memory serves, which it may
not, MH-E is hosted on SourceForge, and nmh is on Savannah.

I've used mh/nmh/MH-E/Claws-Mail for years (about 20, now that I think
about it -- where does the time go?) and I've been quite satisfied
with it.  Give it a try, you might like it.

--Dale

--
A sad spectacle.  If they be inhabited, what a scope for misery and folly.
If they be not inhabited, what a waste of space.