Re: How to get the new frame?

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: How to get the new frame?
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 22:13:39 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>> I think the problem with mm height and width is due to Emacs assuming 72
>> ppi (display-pixels-per-inch) rather than the true value of 120 ppi.
>
> Possibly.  It's what Windows reports to us.

If I remember correctly Windows does something wierd here.  If you set
your machine to "small fonts" then it assumes one value for
pixels-per-inch.  If you set it to "large fonts" then it assumes another
value.  Neither of them may be the actually PPI of your screen.  I think
it has to be done this way for back compatibility.

BR,
Robert Thorpe