Re: How to install several Emacs versions on the same system?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: How to install several Emacs versions on the same system?
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 14:11:57 -0600

Marcin Borkowski wrote:
> I'm on GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1, but I'd like to have an older Emacs
> installed, too.  What is the fastest way to achive that?  (I would
> prefer to compile from source - I have the Git repository anyway, though
> only shallow clone, but I can clone the whole thing, too.)

You have previously mentioned that you are running Ubuntu.  In which
case it should be the same as my Debian.  Just install the other
versions.  They will install side by side without conflict.

  apt-get install emacs24
  apt-get install emacs23

Or use one of the varients.  I am partial to emacs24-lucid for
graphical desktops and emacs24-nox for headless servers.

Bob