Re: info-find-source

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: info-find-source
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 19:48:34 +0100

On 2018-01-15, at 01:47, Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com> wrote:

> Marcin Borkowski wrote:
>
>> Sometimes when using Emacs I feel like
>> a child in a toy store. With the parents'
>> credit card. ;-P
>
> Well, yeah, if you never found new stuff to
> learn anymore, you would stop taking an active
> interest in Emacs itself and start to actually
> *do* things with it. Now what a world that
> would be...

Well, I do stuff in Emacs all the time...

> PS. Were there really credit cards when you
> were a kid? I remember cheques and I've heard
> "old people" (?) still use them to a large
> extent...

No, and neither were cheques.  Cheques were never very popular in
Poland, I think.  (Maybe before WW2...?)  I remember using them to get
cash from my bank account before using plastic cards, but that's pretty
much it.

I hear cheques are pretty popular in the US, which is yet another proof
that it's one of the weirdest places on Earth.  (Not necessarily in
a bad sense in this case - although I consider cash superior to cheques,
they may be superior to credit cards, which are among the worst of
humanity's inventions.  I do not own one, and I do not plan to own one
ever in my life.)

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski