Re: Path of tool-bar icons

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Path of tool-bar icons
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 20:29:35 +0300

> From: Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com>
> Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 19:05:44 +0200
>
> I still think it should be an error if images
> are enabled, and an image is asked for, but
> cannot be found.

We already do insert an error message into *Messages*, we just don't
display it, because the image is looked up during redisplay, and
displaying an error from redisplay is a bad idea: the error message
will trigger another redisplay cycle, which will again signal the
error, etc.

> And in that error message, one can include
> a reference to `image-load-path'!

I'm not sure (you are talking about a broken installation), but feel
free to file a bug report about that.