Re: Newsgroups mailing-list gateway broken thread

From: Garreau, Alexandre
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 05:13:11 +0200

On 2018-10-19 at 20:38, Nuno Silva wrote:
> It was pushed, but it was the rewritten Message-ID. This is the
> problem.  For some reason something is changing the Message-IDs. But
> instead of changing *all* of them - Message-ID, References and
> In-Reply-To - (and in both directions), it appears to be changing the
> Message-ID only?

Yes, as observed.  However I believe changing message-id, even it it
were consistently across all headers and in both directions, would be
erroneous, as these might be used in extra headers as well, as for
linking, archiving, etc.  One message shouldn’t see its message-id
change that way, whatever the protocol used to transmit it.