Re: Is Elisp really that slow?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Is Elisp really that slow?
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 23:04:12 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> You said you thought the competition was more
> popular because they are more consistent.

Emacs may be inconsistent in spots but not to
the point that people will choose other
software because of that. If so, we are dealing
with people who are ... special.

"The competition" must also be consistent
beyond belief for their's to contrast to our's
to the point people will choose them rather
than us!

PS. I put "the competition" between quotation
    marks not only because it was in a quote,
    but also because ... yeah, what is "the
    competition", exactly? In this whole thread
    I think I've heard of .NET/Mono, Eclipse,
    and Vim, all of which I don't consider
    competitors as they do different things,
    mostly, or in a very different way at
    least. Also nano and notepad has been
    mentioned, two strong competitors to Emacs
    indeed :) And ed and sed, which is us
    leaving the realm of sanity IMO. So again,
    what is the competition exactly?
    Do tell, and I'll try it out with some of
    my own source right away!

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573