Re: Ctrl-[ ?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Ctrl-[ ?
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2019 11:44:04 +0300

> From: Óscar Fuentes <ofv@wanadoo.es>
> Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2019 10:04:27 +0200
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> >> What I'd like to have, is the ability to bind C-[ just like I can
> >> bind C-], in GUI emacs (since console emacs seems to not allow to do
> >> that easily).
> >
> > Stefan explained up-thread (though perhaps on emacs-devel and not
> > here) what needs to be done for that, so I'm unsure what are your
> > difficulties in this matter.  Maybe describe what you tried in more
> > detail?
>
> The OP is explaining himself quite clearly.

I thought so was I.

> There is no reason whatsoever to disallow binding C-[ on GUI Emacs
> the same way you can bind any other key.

My understanding of what Stefan wrote was that this is NOT disallowed.

There's no reason to chastise me, even if it turns out I've
misunderstood what Stefan said.  That's why I asked Jean-Christophe to
describe what he tried -- to clear up any possible misunderstandings,
including mine.