Re: Temporary notes in Emacs buffers?

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Temporary notes in Emacs buffers?
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 08:08:15 +0100

> `create-*' creates a new, empty BOOKMARK-FILE, and
> it adds its name to the file-local variables of the
> TARGET-FILE.
>
> `switch-*' should be used when visiting TARGET-FILE.
> It switches the current bookmark file to BOOKMARK-FILE.

Thanks, that approach would probably work for what I have in mind.

The second part would be saving: when I want to save back the file's
"local bookmarks", how would I do that?  I guess I would have to
separate those bookmarks from the other bookmarks that were already
loaded before the file had been visited.  I obviously don't want to
duplicate all the bookmarks from the default bookmark file.  It would be
good if the bookmark objects would know by themselves what their
individual corresponding save place is.

Thanks,

Michael.