Re: Opening multiple files in a single buffer?

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Opening multiple files in a single buffer?
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2020 19:22:13 +0000

Another application would be to open all the code files in a directory into a single buffer, and do replace-string or query-replace on all of them, to rename variables, for example.

We have a special Dired command to do such renaming.

Indeed, but that's not the point. As I said what I'm proposing is a way to do some things more easily (for some users). Everything that could be done with such a feature can already be done in other ways. I don't use the menu-bar, the tool-bar, customize, or the menus on the mode-line. But I do not consider that they are useless. All these features make it possible to do things more easily (for some users), that can already be done in other ways.

Gregory