Re: Auto Fill Comments

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Auto Fill Comments
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 09:11:04 +0100

Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> writes:

>> From: "Eli Zaretskii" <eliz@gnu.org>
>>
>> Fair warning: if that is your attitude towards our documentation,
>> please be aware that there will be some people here who'd refrain from
>> helping you.  We don't work for you, so if you refuse to help yourself
>> by becoming more proficient with the extensive documentation features
>> in Emacs, we cannot be expected to hold your hand forever.
>
> It is well known that some at Gnu cannot take criticisms when others
> try to read what others write.  I am a writer by profession.  So spare
> me the "Don't work for you" defensive approach.

There is someone in this thread reacting badly to suggestions, and
itʼs not Eli.

People have offered you advice on how to improve your
understanding by reading the extensive and incredibly high quality
documentation that comes with Emacs. You donʼt have to follow that
advice, but continually expecting others to expend their time because
of your failure to attempt to educate yourself is not a winning
strategy.

Robert