Re: Proposal: "C-z <letter>" reserved for users

From: Skip Montanaro
Subject: Re: Proposal: "C-z <letter>" reserved for users
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2021 11:43:14 -0600

> I just did `suspend-frame' but nothing happened. It only works
> on emacs-nw?
>
> I have
>
>   GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+
>   Version 3.24.5, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2020-10-23

I'm not yet up to v28, but M-x suspend-frame RET does as it would expect
for me. OTOH, In a GUI instance M-x suspend-emacs RET complains that Emacs
can't be suspended while there is a visible frame. It does work for me in
an instance started with -nw. In fact, help on suspend-frame shows that
it's a bit higher level, calling the correct lower level function depending
on environment.