Re: Vim project helps in Uganda, Emacs shall be next

From: Pankaj Jangid
Subject: Re: Vim project helps in Uganda, Emacs shall be next
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 10:42:34 +0530

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> Just as Vim users contribute to educational development in Uganda,
> Emacs users can contribute too. And we shall make larger project then
> Vim.

Why only Uganda?

1. My opinion is that if one free software is already working to improve
   conditions in an area then a second project should pick another
   area. We are not competing. We must work in cohesion.

2. I think the goals of Vim and GNU projects are not the same. GNU
   manifesto is much broader, if we read word-by-word. FSF also needs
   funding to cover those targets.