Re: outline-heading-alist for elisp using ";; * "

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: outline-heading-alist for elisp using ";; * "
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 15:06:18 +0300

* Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> [2021-05-11 08:06]:
> I am working on some ideas and recommend that emacs beefs up
> outline-minor-mode for the different programming languages.  Outline
> structures would then be available for use.  And if users want to
> change they can do that as well.  We would need some docementation
> with real examples on how to set things up.  Better still, if the
> information is provided in the outline.el code.

I have found enough information to make it working, it was in the
variables. And much is already documented: (info "(emacs) Outline
Mode")

Now if somebody wish to customize any variable, well... where to find
the variables?

What I do is:

C-h v outline-TAB TAB or

C-h v outline-minorTAB TAB and I look then in descriptions of those
variables.

Emacs is in general stable editor and it is already advanced.

Customizing variables and modes is on a level more than advanced. Thus
documentation on those variables is already there, as when person is
level more than what Emacs Manual provides, that person has to know to
find descriptions in docstrings of variables or in the source of the
mode.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns