Re: outline-heading-alist for elisp using ";; * "

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: outline-heading-alist for elisp using ";; * "
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 17:20:51 +0300

* Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> [2021-05-11 15:56]:
> > Customizing variables and modes is on a level more than advanced. Thus
> > documentation on those variables is already there, as when person is
> > level more than what Emacs Manual provides, that person has to know to
> > find descriptions in docstrings of variables or in the source of the
> > mode.
>
> Maybe, but beefing up would also mean more functionality available by default.
> For instance the capability to cycle folding/unfolding of headings only
> by continuing to simply press a single key sequence, not a compound
> one.

By default it disturbs the indentation. It definitely does not work
well with identation:

M-x emacs-lisp-mode
M-x outline-minor-mode

(defun fun ()
  (let ((something else)
        ■(more here))))

If I press C-o at the position ■ to enter new line this is what happens:

(defun fun ()
  (let ((something else)

(more here))))

and now I cannot any more indent (more here)))) by using TAB,
neither by marking region and using TAB, to which I am more
used. I have to use SPACE TAB to indent it.

Of course, one key press more is costly.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

https://stallmansupport.org/