Re: How users start programming in Emacs Lisp...

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: How users start programming in Emacs Lisp...
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 01:38:45 +0300

* Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>:
> And now we are running a company with 30 people!
>
> That software seems to be very versatile if nothing else :)

I can tell that it is pain in the associates to handle clocking in of
30 people at once. Some of them will complain... talk... I have tried
doing that with Org mode, successsfull but slow. It is better with
SQL and rapid integration.

Something like: mmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm mmmmmm M-x clock-them-in over
the list of people is so much faster than going on by one over each of
their "headings" and doing some complex C-c C-x C-i magic clock-ings
for each of them. 30 people x 3 more keys plus at least several more
keys just to find person in the heading x 30 days in a month x
months... ah no.

Org ≨ Organization

And then... CLOCK-IN let us say 2021-05-31 at 8:30 but why? It was
supposed to be 08:00 precise. So CLOCK-IN needs its description field,
to describe why, or next manager will fire the person when manager
finds that person was always coming late. Maybe goats were stolen and
guy had to search for them, but maybe it was was just a day after
drinking evening. Reason why brings meanings.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

https://stallmansupport.org/