Emacs i18n

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Emacs i18n
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 20:27:03 +0200

> Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2021 at 6:15 AM
> From: "Thibaut Verron" <thibaut.verron@gmail.com>
> To: "Emanuel Berg" <moasenwood@zoho.eu>, "help-gnu-emacs"
> <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
> Subject: Re: Emacs i18n
>
> Le mer. 21 juil. 2021 à 20:00, Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU
> Emacs text editor <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> a écrit :
> >
> > Thibaut Verron wrote:
> >
> > > Caml, OCaml, and Scilab come to mind
> >
> > Thanks, now the list is
> >
> >   4th Dimension
> >   ALGOL 68
> >   AppleScript
> >   BASICOIS
> >   Caml
> >   Catrobat
> >   GOTO++
> >   Linotte
> >   Logo
> >   LSE
> >   OCaml
> >   RoboMind
> >   Scilab
> >   SPIP
>
> What list is that exactly? I've told you twice already that what Jean
> gave you is a list of languages supporting a French-language syntax.
> This is NOT a list of made-in-France languages.

I can see reasons why learning to read mathematical works in French will be
a better investment than in the other languages (assuming you already know
English, of course).

There is still a significant, though diminishing, proportion of papers,
textbooks,
and research books which are written in French.   The proportion is about 1-2%.

The production of research in any other language than English and French has
essentially
come to a halt.