Emacs i18n

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Emacs i18n
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 22:49:54 +0200

> Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2021 at 7:40 AM
> From: "Stefan Monnier via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor"
> <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
> To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: Emacs i18n
>
> > The production of research in any other language than English and
> > French has essentially come to a halt.
>
> That's what it looks like from the (big) bubble we're in, yes.
> But I think China would beg to differ.
>
>         Stefan

China's opinion is irrelevant and full of shit.

The Chinese Academy of Sciences approved the construction of a Bio-Security
Level
4 laboratory in Wuhan in 2003, only because it was designed and constructed with
French assistance as part of a 2004 cooperative agreement.  China lacks
experience.

Academic corruption is rampant in China with the prevalence of fraud, plagiarism
and fabricated research in academic publishing.  It is the nation with the most
retracted papers and fake peer-review as from 2010.

With more than 50% of all articles retracted by scientific journals worldwide
for
articles submitted by Chinese authors.