Re: Workshop to save M$ Windows users - help needed

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Workshop to save M$ Windows users - help needed
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2021 07:10:43 +0200

Eduardo Ochs wrote:

> Here are some updates on the problem of using eev to install
> wget.exe on Windows machines. Remember that I have good
> reasons to suppose the most of the people who will
> participate in my workshop have never used terminals and
> don't even know well enough what is a directory.
>
> 1. PowerShell
> =============
> Someone told me to take a look at PowerShell. Apparently it
> has a built-in wget, and it is somewhat multi-platform-ish.
> I installed it on my Debian box. Its main executable is
> called pwsh. Pwsh doesn't run well on comint buffers - it
> says that the terminal is not powerful enough. It works well
> on vterm and ansi-term, and so I added support for ansi-term
> to eev, and I defined a function eepitch-pwsh that uses
> ansi-term. [...]

Meta: ?

What's this new style of posting you guys do? Donald Knuth all
over? (Not that I know/saw it, just heard it. There was a long
discussion recently, don't look that up, embarrassing, heh :))

But I don't mind, on the contrary as they say in the sweet
science, "styles make fights" ... there is a guy in
gmane.emacs.erc.general who also does it! He is ... either
almost scary or very impressive ...

Here is also a workshop BTW, inspired by Emacs. Or did I came
to Emacs because of "the workshop" inside me, embryotic at
that time? Because you can take the tiger out of the jungle
but etc ...

  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/ums/

I've been telling the folks there it doesn't matter what
_order_ you do good things. They are idempotent! No ... that's
when nothing happens the second time you do it ... they are
a transaction? related but not it. they are/can be done in
parallel? but they can't, sometimes they require the same
tools and we have a finite number of those as you see -
especially in the machine shop ... but these things tend to
multiply when you get it organized and in one place (but teen
girls can't have the same effect with a box with
if it makes sense, and don't worry about the order!
BUT DESPITE telling this my most important message to the
masses over and over - yes, I did take those photos AFTER
I cleaned and organized it :D

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal