Re: NonGNU ELPA (was: Re: Fwd: How do I go about debugging my Elisp code

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: NonGNU ELPA (was: Re: Fwd: How do I go about debugging my Elisp code?)
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 21:15:05 +0300

* Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2022-01-17 06:49]:
> Here are 9 Elisp packs (including 1 major mode for editing
> code)
>
>   https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-packs/

Call it "packages" please.

> I think we did this at least once before so the packs should
> be ready formally, however if they aren't do tell and I'll be
> happy to use the hjälpsam assistant :)

Hjälpsam was written especially for you. 😛

> Please check them out and tell me how to submit them, if you
> know how ...

Of course, you write email to emacs-devel@gnu.org with the subject:
[ELPA] new package buc.el

and then make sure you submit papers to assign copyrights to FSF, they
will protect it hopefully, even if you become unavailable in some far
Asian country.

Now for review:

- xsel.el -- it does not have proper headers, you only mentioned
  license by its abbreviation, but that is not recommended. Sorry if I
  mixed something, though this is how it should look like.

Example header for xsel.el:

;;; xsel.el --- use the X clipboard -*- lexical-binding: t -*-

;; Copyright (C) 2021 by Emanuel Berg (incal) <moasenwood@zoho.eu>