Re: NonGNU ELPA (was: Re: Fwd: How do I go about debugging my Elisp code

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: NonGNU ELPA (was: Re: Fwd: How do I go about debugging my Elisp code?)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 07:06:42 +0100

Jean Louis wrote:

> who is author, and by which license it is published[, what
> year ...]

It already contains all that data:

;;; Author: Emanuel Berg (incal) <moasenwood@zoho.eu>
;;; Created: 2021-05-04
;;; [...]
;;; License: GPL3+

>> I can add a Change Log when there are changes, if they are
>> big but I don't think that'll happen. Besides should you
>> really hard-code that, isn't that what you have
>> repositories, VCSs, etc, for?
>
> From: (info "(elisp) Library Headers")
>
> ‘;;; Change Log:’
>      This begins an optional log of changes to the file over
>      time. Don’t put too much information in this section—it
>      is better to keep the detailed logs in a version
>      control system (as Emacs does) or in a separate
>      ‘ChangeLog’ file. ‘History’ is an alternative to
>      ‘Change Log’.

Indeed, OK so that can be dumped, good. Actually it shouldn't
be encouraged to use. Move content in current files into
a HISTORY file ...

Okay, so, well, no one read the documentation but apart from
that it is only the ";;;" (header) vs ";;" (whole-line
comment) I should fix then ... sweet.

https://dataswamp.org/~incal/bot/scripts/hist
https://dataswamp.org/~incal/COMP-HIST

--