Re: Fwd: How do I go about debugging my Elisp code?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Fwd: How do I go about debugging my Elisp code?
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 22:02:36 +0300

* Marcin Borkowski <mbork@mbork.pl> [2022-01-14 21:56]:

> On 2022-01-14, at 17:53, Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:
>
> > Yes, that means all of the init files, configurations and snippets
> > should carry such notices of being compatible, otherwise they are not
> > and are automatically proprietary.
>
> If this were true, wouldn't it imply that most of
> emacs.stackexchange.com is copyright infringement?

That code published on Emacs StackExchange is compatible to Emacs.

As you have referenced it below, code published on Stack Exchange is
under Creative Commons BY-SA 4.0., so your reference is here:
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#ccbysa

This is a copyleft free license that is good for artistic and
entertainment works, and educational works. Like all CC licenses, it
should not be used on software.

CC BY-SA 4.0 is one-way compatible with the GNU GPL version 3: this
means you may license your modified versions of CC BY-SA 4.0 materials
under GNU GPL version 3, but you may not relicense GPL 3 licensed
works under CC BY-SA 4.0.

Because Creative Commons lists only version 3 of the GNU GPL on its
compatible licenses list, it means that you can not license your
adapted CC BY-SA works under the terms of “GNU GPL version 3, or (at
your option) any later version.” However, Section 14 of the GNU GPL
version 3 allows licensors to specify a proxy to determine whether
future versions of the GNU GPL can be used. Therefore, if someone
adapts a CC BY-SA 4.0 work and incorporates it into a GNU GPL version
3 licensed project, they can specify Creative Commons as their proxy
(via http://creativecommons.org/compatiblelicenses) so that if and
when Creative Commons determines that a future version of the GNU GPL
is a compatible license, the adapted and combined work could be used
under that later version of the GNU GPL.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman