Re: emacs <----> firefox

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: emacs <----> firefox
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 03:46:56 +0300

* Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> [2022-04-22 04:38]:
> i have more than a thousand tabs in firefox, i think.
>
> i try to find a tab i need and i am unaware of any firefox feature for
> finding it.
>
> i thought perhaps some firefox <----> emacs thing could help.
>
> any ideas here?  other than don't have 1000 tabs?  thanks.
>
> i have org-capture extension and tab clip extension.

How I do it, I completely disregard browser's bookmarks and use
org-capture extension to record WWW bookmarks into PostgreSQL
database, within Hyperscope for Emacs.

Frameshot:
https://gnu.support/images/2022/04/2022-04-23/Screenshot-2022-04-23-03-44-03-743174672.png

Any time later I can quickly locate a bookmark and launch it, describe
it, designate it as task, complete it, and similar.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman