standard libraries again (was: Re: [External] : Re: completing-read depr

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: standard libraries again (was: Re: [External] : Re: completing-read depricated initial-input)
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 17:59:31 +0200

Drew Adams wrote:

> An Elisp "library" is a "package" with or without any
> additional package-handling paraphernalia.

I think we should have standard libraries like for example
C with the aspiration for uniformness and general usefulness
for a broad range of purposes ... the rest would be libraries
or simply programs (and no such assumptions could then be
made), and last if it's bundled in the Elisp package way, then
it's a package of course.

Almost every program I ever wrote, one half or one third is
Elisp that doesn't really have anything to do with the
specific program, they are just basic building blocks.

Probably they have been implemented many, many times already
and - but I can't know where and after I've done it, they or
future people can't know it's here either.

Again, see this example for a lot of that ...

  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/perm.el

Here's an example what it would be like, but better and a lot
more ...

  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/math.el

After math, the sky is the limit. plato-close-reading.el and
feminist-gender-studies.el LOL :)

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal