Re: Question about customising faces

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Question about customising faces
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 08:58:17 +0200

On Mon, Aug 29 2022, Stefan Monnier via Users list for the GNU Emacs text
editor wrote:
>> I just tried with emacs -Q, executing only those `set-face-attribute`
>> calls and the problem persists. I need to execute both sets in order
>> to get it to work.
>
> Is there a particular reason why you use `set-face-attribute` rather
> than a declarative solution like M-x customize-face?

Well, a while ago I decided to stop using Customize because of
`package-selected-packages` being written to my `custome-file`. I couldn't find
a hassle-free way to sync my Emacs config between machines. I kept having to
resolve merge conflicts caused by `package-selected-packages`, so I took
`custom-file` out of version control. Now it's only used for
`package-selected-packages` and everything else is in init.el and files loaded
from there.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments