Re: package for Email

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: package for Email
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 17:35:29 +0000

On Thursday, 19 Jan 2023 at 17:00, Leo Butler wrote:
> I encountered the same problem when my employer introduced mandatory 2fa
> last year. I use davmail+gnus like you, but I cannot recommend it:
> davmail is fiendishly slow, does not cope well with a mobile existence
> (i.e. suspend & resume) and makes a large number of mistakes involving
> copying & deleting emails.

I guess I should have made it clear that I use POP instead of IMAP to
access my Exchange server so all manipulation after that is gnus alone
(minimising my exposure to Outlook/Exchange).  It could be that access
with IMAP is more finicky.

> I would *love* to have a working 2fa layer for gnus that works as
> painlessly as thunderbird's without needing something like davmail.

Yes, a built-in solution in gnus/Emacs would be welcome.

--
Eric S Fraga via gnus (Emacs 30.0.50 2023-01-06) on Debian 11.5