Re: Debunking Emacs merits over GUI - Re: package for Email

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Debunking Emacs merits over GUI - Re: package for Email
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 11:27:53 +0300

* Marcin Borkowski <mbork@mbork.pl> [2023-01-19 18:34]:
> One datapoint: https://yewtu.be/watch?v=8SkdfdXWYaI
> (note that he used some proprietary voice recognition software).

Emacs follows his voice well. I wish we could have that sooner in
Emacs to program by talking. So that is already available.

Are you sure it is proprietary voice recognition underlying?

By using voice2json as free software, we may teach Emacs to code by
voice. And I do not mean that that training is something difficult,
there are already many languages and people who natively speak
supported language will be comforted the most.

He speaks of dragonfly and dictation, it seems that software is free:

dictation-toolbox:
https://github.com/dictation-toolbox

dictation-toolbox/Caster: Dragonfly-Based Voice Programming and Accessibility
Toolkit:
https://github.com/dictation-toolbox/Caster

Then he says "Emacs is supported". So I wish to use that. I hope it is
not too difficult to install.

> > Then there are those mouse motion packages. But not enough.
>
> What packages do you mean?

I only heard of it, not that I use them.

Mouse Tracking (GNU Emacs Lisp Reference Manual):
https://www.gnu.org/savannah-checkouts/gnu/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Mouse-Tracking.html

Motion Events (GNU Emacs Lisp Reference Manual):
https://www.gnu.org/savannah-checkouts/gnu/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Motion-Events.html

What would be useful in Emacs is dragging left or right with mouse, or
touchpad, to move buffer left or right, swiping it away.

Then it would be possible to control Emacs by using simply eyes:

Projects/MouseTrap - GNOME Wiki!:
https://wiki.gnome.org/action/show/Projects/MouseTrap?action=show&redirect=MouseTrap

SITPLUS project | SITPLUS:
http://sitplus.crea-si.com/node/118/

Then pointing gestures:

Dasher Manual - GNOME Library:
https://help.gnome.org/users/dasher/

And then there are hand gesture controls.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman