Re: text formating

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: text formating
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2023 18:24:08 +0100

Jean Louis wrote:

>> If you are talking specifically about WYSIWYG printing,
>> then yes, we still aren't where we should be, especially
>> with non-ASCII text; patches welcome. But the OP didn't
>> mention that, so this is not necessarily what was
>> the issue.
>
> Here is how Enriched Text may become word processor with
> pleasant result

Most people are from the opposite side of the spectrum, i.e.
text editor, not word processor.

Here is where you should look

  https://www.techradar.com/news/the-best-free-word-processor

In principle, I don't see why Emacs cannot be like that as
well for those whow opt-in on it, but in practise it's an
uphill battle - I don't see us every getting there, for the
said reason, most people who are here or come here do that for
the opposite, the text/programmer's editor side of it.

Jean, what features is it exactly that you miss?

For example, that they have in LibreOffice Writer?

Because, if you focus on those, maybe you have better luck
getting them individually so to speak.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal