Re: Resources for an old newbie ?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Resources for an old newbie ?
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2023 22:41:53 +0200

David Masterson wrote:

> First test of it suggests I need to rethink my .emacs.
> I'm getting warnings about package 'autoload' being
> deprecated as well as a ton of warnings of "free variable"
> and "docstring". If I have to rebuild my Emacs package
> library, I'll probably backtrack to 28.2 and see
> what happens.

If you byte-compile your .emacs and all your other Elisp that is
loaded, it will get much faster and also you will hear what
improvements can be made, often they are a quick fixes that
are also interesting, think of it as modernization or
home improvement.

As for warnings that come when you compile Emacs, and that can
include the compilation from source, byte compilation, or
native compilation, those are often also quick fixes of the
same type and hopefully will dissappear since they should be
low-hanging fruits for the maintainers.

Because the Emacs source should set the bar for Elisp hackers
all around the world ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal