Re: Resources for an old newbie ?

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Resources for an old newbie ?
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 01:42:32 +0200

Emanuel Berg <incal@dataswamp.org> writes:

> Not in terms of technology, but in terms of the
> human/technology interface maybe, because if compilation
> buffers are always flooded by stuff that no one really expects
> to fix - I mean, if that's the case - then maybe an interface
> solution how to mute them would be useful.

No, it's not the case.

> Okay, so why aren't they fixed then? I see it all the time
> from not just compiling but also from native compilation and
> compilations from just a few packages I have from there.
> Believe me, there are TONS of warnings!

Are those tons in Emacs, or in third-party stuff?

> So like I said, one could have an option to mute certain
> warnings etc ...

Eh - there are?

My guess is that most of the warnings you are annoyed from are from
native compilation (which is new and not the default and not even used
by all developers, and tends to emit much more warnings than byte
compilation).

But wasn't it you who advertised everybody should use the newest Emacs
and enable the newest features and grow with the outcome?  And you
haven't looked for a way to turn the warnings off (or handle them in
some other way)?

Michael.