Re: Resources for an old newbie ?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Resources for an old newbie ?
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2023 03:19:25 +0200

Michael Heerdegen wrote:

>> I think it was something about docstring width.
>>
>> But I've spent too much time on this.
>
> Don't want to suggest which Emacs version to use - but for
> your private stuff, you can just ignore those warnings about
> docstrings (or just turn them off, locally). You have no
> disadvantages to fear when using that code with the new
> Emacs version. The compiler warnings just have been
> improved, there are more checks. If something really doesn't
> work, then there is a high chance that the same code will
> fail in older Emacs versions, too.

But I agree that whole system is cool!

Cred to the guys who did the byte compiler! ...

Other than that, I've lost touch with this discussion, maybe
you guys are right, maybe it is complicated? :)

But it's because it is more complicated to talk about it, than
to do it. Just a compilation of a damn program ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal