Re: Resources for an old newbie ?

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: Resources for an old newbie ?
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2023 19:22:32 -0700

> David Masterson <dsmasterson@gmail.com> writes:
>> and "docstring".
>
> The compiler also checks some stuff in docstrings.  I guess you are
> seeing quoting related messages: since quote characters are changed to
> these fancy Unicode quotes in *Help* now, you must quote quotes
> specially in code examples (using "\\=") .  The compiler detects those
> quotes that are obviously not part of a `' pair.

I think it was something about docstring width.

But I've spent too much time on this.  I'll keep my build of Emacs
30.0.50, but I'll keep using 27.1 for now,  I was going to try to snap
Emacs 28.2 in, but I've found that snap (squashfs) doesn't work in the
Chromebook virtual machine.  Another thing to look at later.

--
David Masterson