Re: [Help-gnucap] gnucap error

From: Ramiro Aceves
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] gnucap error
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 18:30:37 +0200

Thanks Al, will try that!
Ramiro

El 11/07/11 05:03, al davis escribió:
On Thursday 07 July 2011, Ramiro Aceves wrote:
Now the error about the diodes disappeard. I can enter gnucap
and have the warnings:

Rc2.X1: Rideal: effective length is negative or zero
Re1.X1: Rideal: effective length is negative or zero
Re2.X1: Rideal: effective length is negative or zero

When I simulate the circuit I get:

gnucap>  tran

#Time
open circuit: internal node 54
did not converge
   0.
very backward time step
convergence failure, reducing (itl4)
newtime=9.155273e-13  rejectedtime=1.831055e-12
oldtime=0.000000e+00 using=1.000000e-12
tried everything, still doesn't work, giving up
gnucap>

The warnings are the key to fixing the problem.

Apparently, the resistors are not what you think they are.

I did a quick check on what is happening here ...  That model is
implemented to an ancient Hspice spec .. where it's all
specified as length and width.  So, really, the resistors are
not what you think they are.

Looking at your netlist .. you don't need the ".model"
statements Rideal or Rnoise .  Just leave them out, and also
leave out the reference to them.

There is also an issue with the zener diode.  The native model
doesn't do breakdown.  With the development version, use a
plugin for the diode model ..  from the spice models tarball.