Re: [Help-gnucap] gnucap error

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] gnucap error
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 20:09:27 -0400

On Monday 11 July 2011, Andy Fierman wrote:
> p.s. I despair AD's spice models. I've had so much trouble
> with so many of them ...

That's one of the many reasons to move away from spice-format
netlists to Verilog-AMS.

Spice model files are all for a specific version of spice.  They
may or may not work on another spice-format simulator.

With Verilog-AMS, there is a published document describing the
format, and all models are considered to be external.  The
behavioral modeling language is also defined by a published
document.

Gnucap (in the development version, including the 2009.12.07
snapshot) accepts Verilog format netlists, and the plugin system
is designed to dynamically link those modules.  With the
appropriate Makefile, you will have just-in-time compilation of
Verilog-AMS models.