Re: geda/lepton schematics

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: geda/lepton schematics
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 17:27:27 +0200

On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 04:47:33PM +0200, karl@aspodata.se wrote:
> From what I understand after reading the above pdf, is that you can
> flatten or not flatten. For a .sch to verilog-ams converter, I'd prefer
> to keep the structure as it is in the .sch files, that would make it
> easier to do backannotations.

Hi Karl.

There might have been a misunderstanding. You write ".sch to verilog-ams
converter", but then "the .sch files" (plural).

Storing (NB: not converting) a gEDA schematic in verilog format does not
require multiple .sch files. Do one at a time. The key is the explicit
connectivity. Anything else follows, and will be more straightforward.

Eventually, you could paste a bunch of modules into a single file, and
rename them, if needed.

> I'd use the sch file name without the .sch/.sym suffix as module name.

This violates the "single point of truth" principle. Renaming a file
will make the data inconsistent (but shouldn't). Renaming a .sch file
has no such side-effect.

cheers
felix