Re: geda/lepton schematics

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: geda/lepton schematics
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 11:59:42 +0200

On Wed, Mar 30, 2022 at 10:12:10PM +0200, karl@aspodata.se wrote:
> Seems "everything" is a module, and you can just call the top module
> main if you'd like.

Not sure what you mean. What is a top module?

There is only (exactly) one circuit in a gEDA schematic (didn't we agree
to stick to this?). The standard suggests to call it "main", which is as
close as you get to "objects at top-level". Now you may call it "fred",
but that won't lead much further.

Note how a "main" module provides a standard way to explicitly specify
port names, port order and parameters -- and how useful this will be
when interpreting hierarchical schematics with a different tool.

> > >From there, you can think about flattening. Perhaps gnucap-geda does it
> > "the wrong way", but it will adapt.
>
> >From what I read about verilog-ams, you don't need to flatten the nets,
> it follows from the structure.

Not sure what you mean. You can flatten the hierarchy, and there may be
good reasons you would want that. How does this relate to Verilog-ams?

It all depends on what you'd like to do. Please expand on that end.

cheers
felix