hydra-users

Re: [gnu-prog-discuss] Re: continuous builds and portability testing wit

From: Brian Gough
Subject: Re: [gnu-prog-discuss] Re: continuous builds and portability testing with Hydra
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 16:13:36 -0400

At Mon, 26 Apr 2010 10:37:45 +0200,
Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> I’d like to avoid any possible confusion between Nixpkgs and continuous
> builds at <http://hydra.nixos.org/project/gnu>, though.

Thanks for the correction, I had forgotten that the scripts for the
continuous integration builds are different.

The reason is that in addition to Ludovic's continuous integration
testing, I am testing the release tarballs from ftp.gnu.org using the
Nixpkgs-libre definitions (http://repo.or.cz/w/nixpkgs-libre.git).
These are somewhat simpler, as they just build straight from the
tarball.

Once there are a sufficient set of definitions it will be used to test
all the GNU releases and make a "source release collection" of all
packages regularly, in addition to the normal ftp.gnu.org package
releases.  If you want to help add definitions for more packages, ask
on address@hidden

Incidentally, a good place to learn more about the Nix package manager
is the video of Eelco Dolstra's talk last year at http://www.gnu.org/ghm/2009/