hydra-users

Re: [gnu-prog-discuss] Re: continuous builds and portability testing wit

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: [gnu-prog-discuss] Re: continuous builds and portability testing with Hydra
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 12:08:07 -0400

   > >      It might be nice if the default nix packages list was libre, and
   > >      the special case was nonfree - as Debian and Ubuntu and others do.
   >
   >  If nix has a non-free package list the best thing is to remove
   >  it.

   Until nix and nixpkgs become GNU software, I don't see why it
   should be your business.

It is the business of everyone who cares about freedom.  If we, the
GNU project and its maintainers, are going to use nix and nixpkgs, and
link it from our web pages it is important that there are no
recommenations to non-free software.

   You can use and recommend nixpkgs-libre.

If that is a completely seperate project, then I can do that.  If it
is part of the nix project, I can't.