koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Upcoming emails from Nicholas

From: Chris Cormack
Subject: [Koha-devel] Upcoming emails from Nicholas
Date: Sun Apr 14 15:08:18 2002

Hi All

This is just a bit of a heads up.
Ive asked Nick to help me with coordinating Koha work a bit more. Now we
have a few ppl actively working on the code, im finding im loosing track of
who is working on what, etc.

So I think Nick is going to email around, find out what everyones up to, and
build some kinda status report, and make some suggestions in how to move
forward.

A suggestion he has made already, which I think has merit, is creating a
development/stable situation.

So we have a stable release cvs tree , and bugfixes and tidy ups get added
to that. While we work on new features in the development tree. When new
features become stable and tested enuff, we shift them into the stable tree
and do a new release.

Also I feel we need to be doing more regular releases, so that bugfixes are
getting out into the public.

Any other suggestions gratefully accepted.

Oh, an idea ive just had myself, playing with Roger's wiki to work on the
install, I think this is a good way to work on collaborative documentation.
Perhaps we could put todo list type things up there, that ppl could
add/modify to?

Chris

025 500 789                                        Katipo Communications Ltd
address@hidden                                          www.katipo.co.nz