koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Upcoming emails from Nicholas

From: Mike Mylonas
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Upcoming emails from Nicholas
Date: Mon Apr 15 03:18:04 2002

On Mon, 2002-04-15 at 10:07, Chris Cormack wrote:

> This is just a bit of a heads up.
> Ive asked Nick to help me with coordinating Koha work a bit more. Now we
> have a few ppl actively working on the code, im finding im loosing track of
> who is working on what, etc.

I was looking at this issue over the weekend, and was thinking that
maybe we should make better / more efficient use of the services
available through SourceForge. Especially the bug tracker, feature
request and documentation facilities.

> A suggestion he has made already, which I think has merit, is creating a
> development/stable situation.

> Also I feel we need to be doing more regular releases, so that bugfixes are
> getting out into the public.

I agree,

> Any other suggestions gratefully accepted.

One other thing that I think good be useful is that maybe we should look
at something like a Weekly/Monthly summary (an example being what the
Midgard team use <http://www.midgard-project.org/news/mws/>.  This would
allow us to increase the potential audience of the project (wider
audience == more developers).

Just my 0.02 cents worth (GST inc) ;)

Mike