koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Koha and OAI

From: Thomas Dukleth
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Koha and OAI
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 18:01:41 -0000 (UTC)

OAI is the Open Archives Initiative,
http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/OAI-organization.php .

The term OAI is often used as shortened means of referring to OAI-PMH,
Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting, protocol for
exchanging XML metadata records.  See
http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/openarchivesprotocol.html .  Many records
which do not need all that MARC has to offer are being created for
OAI-PMH.

Thomas Dukleth
Agogme
109 E 9th Street, 3D