koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Koha and OAI

From: Joshua M. Ferraro
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Koha and OAI
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 13:14:35 -0600 (CST)

----- "Paul POULAIN" <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello world,
>
> Just to let you know : I have some contacts that are interested by
> adding OAI features to Koha. They should do it on Koha 2.2.x branch
> and, later, on koha 3.x probably.
>
> The school that is interested will ask for a student work (5 weeks in
> april/may)
>
> If someone in this list already has investigated such feature, please
> let me know.
> Otherwise, just stay tuned, i'll let you know if they decide to do
> it.
I know for a fact that OAI support will be built in to Zebra in an
upcoming version (within a few months I think) as they've received
some sponsorship for building this feature. As it will be in a very
large institution (with tens of millions of bibs) it will also be
quite stable, so would probably be a good choice for OAI support in
Koha. Having OAI support in the 2.2 branch could also be interesting,
but will also be quite proc intensive and slow (I'm guessing).

Also, I suppose I say I'm assuming you mean OAI as a service, not
talking about building a harvest engine to import records into
Koha via OAI, right?

Cheers,

address@hidden |Full Demos at http://liblime.com/koha |1(888)KohaILS